Quality improvement and patient safety is no longer elective. The Quality and Safety Educators Academy (QSEA): Online Modules were created to meet the evolving need for trained faculty across the country. QSEA trains educators in both core QI and PS content as well as in the educational theory necessary to teach students and residents across the U.S. We aim to create a community of leaders who can continue to grow as this area continues to evolve, connecting education to care outcomes.
This enduring online series provides medical educators with the knowledge and tools they need to integrate quality improvement and safety concepts into their curricula. In six self-paced modules, experts review core concepts from SHM’s Quality and Safety Educators Academy (QSEA). QSEA: Online Modules offer a flexible learning experience, led by experienced physician faculty known for their ability to practice and teach quality improvement and patient safety, mentor junior faculty and guide educators in curriculum development.
2022 QSEA: Online Modules focused on these critical topic areas:
- Patient Safety Basics
- QI Methods, Tools, and Measurement
- QI Coaching
- Health Equity QI
- Population Health
- Advanced Patient Safety
- Curriculum Development
Who Should Attend?
- Faculty who are beginning a new role or expanding an existing role in quality and safety education. QSEA is great for anyone tasked with teaching quality improvement, patient safety, cost/value or population health to learners. Educators can be chief residents, junior faculty/physicians, or even mid-level to senior faculty/physicians who are interested in teaching new topics
- Program directors or assistant program directors interested in acquiring new curricular ideas to help them meet the ACGME requirements, which require residency programs to integrate quality and safety into their curriculum
- Medical school leaders or clerkship directors developing quality and safety curricula for students
- Quality and safety leaders who wish to extend their influence and effectiveness by learning strategies to teach and engage trainees
During the Academy You Can Expect:
- All sessions to be led by experienced physicians, who prize interactive learning, and who are known for their ability to practice and teach quality improvement and patient safety, mentor junior faculty, and guide educators in curriculum development
- To enhance your knowledge and skills in the field of quality and safety and curriculum development, learning how to better educate and engage learners in these disciplines
- A flexible and interactive virtual learning environment that can be tailored to best suit your scheduling needs and learning style
2022 CME Information +2022 CME Information –
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Statement (updated 2022)
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure to Learners (updated 2022)
“The faculty and planners of these activities have no relevant relationships to disclose unless denoted below. All relevant relationships were mitigated prior to the start of this activity.”